logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Trying to get EXIT info on my MONTANA 600 using mkgmap -3657 and motorway_junction, ref=(exit#)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 21 07:31:50 GMT 2016

greg crago wrote
> Yes Gerd,
> I have the code in my lines file that you mentioned.
>
> When you test this. Did you download an .img file to a GPS, or is there an
> 'on-line GPS simulator?'

I used the Garmin Windows program MapSource.

I think I found the reason for the problem, here is what happens:
The options process-exits and process-destination work as documented, they
create tags with mkgmap:exit_hint=true and mkgmap:dest_hint=true for you
case, so this rule
is used:
(highway=motorway_link | highway=trunk_link | highway=primary_link) &
mkgmap:exit_hint=true & mkgmap:dest_hint=true
  { name '${destination:ref|subst: =>} ${destination|subst:;=> |subst:/=> }'

         '${ref|subst: =>} ${destination|subst:;=> |subst:/=> }' |
         '${destination|subst:;=> |subst:/=> }' |
         'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref} ${mkgmap:exit_hint_name}' |
         'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref} ${mkgmap:exit_hint_exit_to}' |
         'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_exit_to}' |
         'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_name}' |
         'Exit ${mkgmap:exit_hint_ref}'
       }
Now, this rule lists a set of alternatives to create the name for the way.
The first alternative that
returns a string is used. In your case that is this one :
 '${destination|subst:;=> |subst:/=> }'
The following alternatives are ignored, therefore the (wanted ) text "Exit
28" doesn't appear.

Attached is a patch that can solve this issue, I hope someone finds a better
solution.
My approach: Build the hint for the destination, build the hint for the
exit, finally combine them.
I don't know if that is too simple.
I've also attached the complete modified lines file for the default style.

Gerd

hints_v1.patch <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5865310/hints_v1.patch>
lines.lines <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5865310/lines.lines>