logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search index questions.

From Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl on Thu Dec 31 15:00:16 GMT 2015

I attempt to handle this kind of thing in the styles, for addresses in
the Netherlands where the most significant part is usually the last word
of the street name and the first few words may be "filler" information -
often personal names/titles etc of famous people. Using the following
rules I find the last word of the name and add it as an additional label
if it "qualifies".

# CS: capture last part of name for dutch names in street index - limit
to known suffixes to reduce crud
highway=* & mkgmap:country=NLD & name=* {set cs:lastpart='${name|part:
:-1}'; }
cs:lastpart=* & !(cs:lastpart ~
'.*(weg|straat|laan|plantsoen|dijk|singel|vaart|wetering|kamp|slag|dreef|steeg|hof|dal|pad|plein)')
{ delete cs:lastpart; }

# CS: get alternative name in the index
cs:lastpart=* & name!=$cs:lastpart {addlabel '${cs:lastpart}';}

It might not be so easy to parse other languages - what in Dutch would
be Karl Marxstraat, in German you might write Karl-Marx-Strasse, which
would need extraction of the last two parts.

I think also the use of a stop-word list has been discussed before, but
it gets complicated because the stop-words are language-dependent (and
not simply country-dependent).

--colin