logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] improve highway rules

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Sat Dec 12 08:36:14 GMT 2015

Gerd,

I have no complaints. I am using my own style files I so ask where is the
best place to insert these new rules? I assume they should be placed in my
lines file ahead of the general highway processing rules. Does that make
sense?

Thanks

Dave
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Gerd Petermann <
GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I think the following lines shoud be added to the lines rules to make sure
> that
>
> these ways are not used for routing. For many of them I've tried to
> convince
>
> the mappers to find better tags, but without success so far.
>
> Some are part of proposals.
>

> # Remove highway tag from ways which are not suitable for routing
> highway=traffic_signals | highway=junction | highway=island |
> highway=centre_line | highway=traffic_island  {delete highway}
> highway=piste | highway=ski {delete highway}
> highway=no | highway=none {delete highway}
>

> If I hear no complains I'll commit this patch on Monday.

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand