logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] No address match for highway=pedestrian?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 11 14:54:17 GMT 2015

Hi Carlos,

it depends on the style rules. The default style seems
to avoid routing over highway=* with area=yes.
I think the reason was that many ways tagged with area=yes
are not suitable for routing, they would produce havy zig-zagging lines.
A possible solution would be a new algo that collects the ways
within such an area and the highway connected to it and then decides
how to connect the ways without crossing any obstacles or leaving the area.
This is not simple, but AFAIK there is a general solution for the problem. I don't plan
to code it, maybe someone else has the time and energy...

Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Carlos Dávila <cdavilam at orangecorreo.es>
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Dezember 2015 15:14
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] No address match for highway=pedestrian?

Are all highway=* & area=yes really ignored for routing? There are
plenty of cases of highway=residential & area=yes and I think they
should be routable.
I know way 109862652 should have a name tag (Plaza de los Bermejales as
well) but if a way with the same name than addr:street already exists,
shouldn't it be used for address search?