logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing error: r3650 default style

From joern de joern.de at gmail.com on Thu Nov 19 17:56:12 GMT 2015

Using my own style and mkgmap default style (r3650 and previous releases) I
struggle with an odd routing error on Garmin maps while routing between N37
52.116 W25 48.576 and N37 52.120 W25 48.573 (its on Sao Miguel Island on
the Azores).

I checked the OSM raw data with JOSM and found no reason for that
behaviour. I guess, node http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1838670264
causes the problem.

I use the PBF file from geofabrik (
http://download.geofabrik.de/europe/azores-latest.osm.pbf ) and tried
different versions since Aug 2015.

The error occures on Mapsource, Basecamp, nüvi2xx, eTrex Vista and 30 (so I
guess its a general effect).

But, when I load the img file to GPSMapEdit 2.1 and test the routing graph
the routing works fine.

Can some clarify my confusion, please?

Best regards,
Jörn