logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Country unification in address search

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Nov 11 22:16:55 GMT 2015

Am I alone with the problem that for any country the unification of
countries to a single choice in address search is not fully working?

e.g. in Austria I get:
Österreich (AUT) --- most addresses are found under this entry.
Austria (AT)  // AT (Austria)-- nearly no addresses found here - but it
exists so some addresses are classified like this
Aut -- find every result twice - but in essence it's the same as Österreich
(AUT)

I thought

* <country name="Österreich" abr="AUT" streetBeforeHousenumber="true"
postalcodeBeforeCity="true">        <variant>Austria</variant>
in locatorconfig.xml should solve this. How is it possible that I do get
addresses in the wrong country? In Canada i.e. it's really bad.

Floragasse 9/11
1040 Wien
Austria - Österreich