logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v4] sharp angles

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed Sep 16 11:15:56 BST 2015

El 07/09/15 a las 17:42, Gerd Petermann escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> attached is v4 of the patch.
> Changes:
> 1) The option --x--fix-sharp-angles is gone.
> 2) A new option --x-ignore-sharp-angles can be used to disable
> the code that enlarges sharp angles
> 3) The option --cylcle-map is now documented (not in detail,
> as I still work them out). Please try if the option improves routing
> in cycle maps. It allows changes up to 112° instead of only 45°.
> 4) known errors were fixed:
> - use sum of speeds
> - take into account that values maybe rounded when calculating
> the new heading(s)
I have tested the patch and I find it doesn't avoid the "spurious
instructions to "keep right/left" when the road doesn't actually fork".
My test case is a route from SW to NE along A-471
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/36.8685/-6.1225&layers=T) where I
get several unnecessary keep right/left instructions at crossings with
sharp angle links leaving A-471, such as the one at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/36.77762/-6.27642&layers=T The
number of these unnecessary instructions is lower than without the patch
(6 vs 9).
The map is produced with a general purpose style, not a cyclist one.