logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch] add support for information=guidepost POI in default style

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Tue Sep 8 14:49:38 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,

I didn't spend too much time digging into this but I agree that it makes
sense to solve this correctly.

According to this XLS file with Garmin POIs, 0x2f0c is for Toilets and will
be listed in the the Auto Services -> Rest Area / Tourist Info category.

http://www.cferrero.net/maps/downloads/garmin_feature_list.xls

> 0x2F0C    Toilet    Blue, small    Auto Services    Rest Area / Tourist
Info     Yes    Restroom

According to the osm tag page, tourism=information is for information
sources, not toilets.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dinformation

I propose that we just change tourism=information to 0x4c00 regardless of
the the information=* refinement and ignore the previous patch.

tourism=information [0x4c00 resolution 24]

What do you think?

Thanks, Ben