logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style: highway=path means unpaved?

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Sep 8 11:12:29 BST 2015

Hi all,
I think I should add that in Germany we have thousands of these
ways, and I am very sure that most of them are paved.
The reason is that Germany is full of signs like 237 , 241, and 242
(see http://osmtools.de/traffic_signs/)
and that page still recommends to use the tags "highway=path" and
"bicycle=designated" for them. In Germany a cyclist has to use these
ways, so you can be pretty sure that they are paved.

So, maybe we can add an exception for Germany?
Gerd

GerdP wrote