logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] mkgmap ignores addr:interpolation ways

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Aug 28 15:46:48 BST 2015

Hi all,

I found a bug in the checks for the addr:interpolation ways. The checks did not notice
when the "duplicated number" is in a different city.
I've created a fix and committed it, so please ignore addr-interpolation-tolerance-v1.patch

Gerd

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:47:31 +0200
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] mkgmap ignores addr:interpolation ways

Hi all,

see this thread :
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Commit-r3632-fix-possible-message-internal-error-via-way-is-updated-again-followed-by-internal-error-tp5852952p5853292.html

I think Anor Carlos pointed out that mkgmap should not ignore a
more or less valid addr:interpolation way.
This can happen when someone adds a POI with addr:housenumber
and addr:street and doesn't connect the POI node to the addr:interpolation
way. Or when someone adds the way without recognizing that the POI
has a valid address.
Up to now mkgmap prefers to ignore the complete addr:interpolation way
when such a node is too far from the interpolated position and
"too far" means 5 m, which is probably too restrictive.
I guess this is likely to happen and I've changed the code to add a message
to the log with r3634.

Attached is a patch that changes the tolerated distance to 40 m and
further improves logging.

If I hear no complains I'll commit this patch on monday.
@Anor: Please try the binary at
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/279/mkgmap.jar

with enabled logging, e.g.
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.housenumber.level=INFO