logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] patch for omitting nearby POIs with the same name and type

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Aug 20 06:46:14 BST 2015

Hi Mike,

thanks for the patch.
I think the docu should mention that --max-same-poi-distance expects a
value in metres.
Looking at the code I see one small -maybe unwanted - side effect:
If --max-same-poi-distance > 0 only duplicated named POI are removed.
When I coded the original code I thought that it is ok to remove
e.g. pillars when they appear at the same map point.

For those that like to test: I've uploaded a binary here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/276/mkgmap.jar

Gerd

From: mike at tvage.co.uk
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 23:14:53 +0100
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] patch for omitting nearby POIs with the same name and	type

Hi, please find attached a patch that adds two new options:  --max-same-poi-distance=distance and --include-nearby-poi-types=type[,type...]. These options are used to determine whether nearby POIS are duplicates and should be omitted from the map, extending the existing check for duplicates at the exact same location. They help to reduce the problems cause by OSM data frequently having an area such as a building tagged with the same information as a point or where multiple areas are given the same name – this is most problematic if the --add-pois-to-areas option is used. It may be valid for some named POI types to be found close together hence the option to omit certain types of POI from the nearby processing. I have the distance set to 50 with bus stops and cave entrances always included and this seems to work well for me (I don’t use the default style). If --max-same-poi-distance is omitted or set to 0, the check works as previously.  Please try and if OK, commit. Thanks,Mike