logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Numbering loss in the version which came after the r3602

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Aug 19 06:49:44 BST 2015

Hi Alexandre,

okay, good to hear that. I decided to make mkgmap tests regarding addr:interpolation ways rather strict
because in some areas (mostly Canada) these errors appear extremely often,
caused by bad imports.
Seems to be a generel problem of OSM generators ;-)

Gerd
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:40:40 -0300
From: alexandre.loss at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
CC: Adm_Tec_Tracksource at googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Numbering loss in the version which came after the	r3602

Hi Gerd,
I'm sorry the delay to answer, but I came on vacation and had many pending issues waiting for me.Regard this specific issue, your interpretation of the problem of duplication/overlap in the numbering interpolation is correct. In fact the data doesn't make sense and I agree with you that this case is an error in the data.
To prove this, I got the short example sent before and correctly input the numbers eliminating the overlapping as shown below:

And then I compiled the map with mkgmap versions 3612 and 3629 (the last one I found) and the numbers were not "missed" this time, proving you theory.
Snapshot taken form MapSource of a map compiled wiht mkgmap r3612

Snapshot taken form MapSource of a map compiled wiht mkgmap r3629

So I think we can close the case and I have some work do clean the maps of my group.
Thanks again for your attention and analysis.

Best regards,
Alexandre Loss
Hi Gerd and Steve,
Thanks by your attention.I'm in vocation now and without access to my computer, so I can't provide more information if you need till my return in beginning of August.But I think that the data is correct because in despite the streets have the same name, they are different road since they aren't connect (there is a gap / a block between them).So I believe that the algo couldn't consider the name of street.But I understand your point of view, since it looks that can have a number overlapping/shadow of both streets, what would be a logical error.
Unfortunately, I can make more  test these days but as soon I come back I will.
Thanks,
Alexandre
(Enviado via iPad)