logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bicycle=use_sidepath

From UliBaer ulibaer at gmail.com on Tue Aug 18 12:35:47 BST 2015

Forgive me, but since routing problems are just discussed here, i also have a
problem with bicycle paths:

Nearly every time i leave the calculated route for car navigation and the
Garmin starts to recalculate the route, it assumes, i'm driving on a bicycle
way on the side of the street and it tries to reroute me on the street again
at the next crossing. This is strange, since i have set the device for car
routing and it tries to reroute on the street again, but nearly every time,
if there is a bicycle way, it assumes, i'm on the bicycle way with my car.
This does not happen, if there is no bicycle way nearby.

I use the style from Ralf Kleineisel and the Garmin device is an etrex Vista
HCx. This does not depend on mkgmap version, since it has always done that.
Is there a way to avoid this behavior?

Best regards, Uli