logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bicycle=use_sidepath

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon Aug 17 15:56:11 BST 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> It might not even matter if the sidepaths have been entered and
> connected. For long-distance routing, I believe that the Garmin Edge
> 705 completely ignores cycleways for the middle section of the
> route.  Cycleways would only be considered for the first and last 5
> kilometers or so.

Since the roads in Iceland are strange, I debugged some routing
"errors", where I should go a way 1000km longer then the normal way.

The problem is "road_class". It looks like, that at least the
Garmin GPS 62s, at the beginning prefers increasing road_classes,
and later decreasing ones. But in the middle, it is avoiding going up
and down. So if you reach road_class=2, and there is a short cycleway
with road_class=1, and a very long primary road with road_class=3,
Garmin will use the very long primary road. Even if you route for
shortest distance.
I workarounded this by increasing the road_class of cycleways for my
style.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)