logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Wierd routing problem

From John Aldridge jpsa at jjdash.demon.co.uk on Fri Aug 14 20:11:00 BST 2015

I'm having a weird routing problem!

I'm using CreateIMG (which uses mkgmap to do the work) to create a Garmin
compatible map of the UK. I've installed this map into BaseCamp, and I'm
trying to create a route.

There's a point on a local minor road which BaseCamp refuses to route
through *unless* the route options permit the use of 'Interstates'!

There is no node in OpenStreetMap at this point, although BaseCamp,
displaying the map I've created, does show a black dot at the point in
question. I don't know what this black dot signifies.

The problem point is at the centre of
   http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/52.1631/0.2473
and the BaseCamp view of this area is
   http://www.jjdash.myzen.co.uk/temp/routeproblem.png

This problem has only recently started happening, though I both have
updated BaseCamp and built a new map from current data, and don't know
which of these might be responsible.

I am using a slightly customised set of stylesheets, but these have not
changed since the last time this worked properly. I also know CreateIMG
uses rather an old version of mkgmap, but again this has not changed.

Any ideas? Or is there a better place to ask for help?

Thanks in advance!

--
Cheers,
John