logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Display of Labels on Maps

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Aug 12 10:00:32 BST 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, Bill Lancashire wrote:

> I have been trying to understand how the display of names and labels
> on map pages is controlled.
>
> I am talking about the following two cases:
>
> a) Labels that appear on the map itself which for the purposes here
> I will call 'Map Labels'.
>
> b) Names which appear in a box at the top of the GPS screen when the
> cursor is placed over an item on the map page which I will refer to
> as 'Cursor-Over'  names.
>

> I appreciate the 'Map Label' display is partly controlled by the
> choice of type code for the polygon, line or point, but can this
> feature in any way be controlled by either the style configuration
> or the TYP file when a 'custom' extended code is used?.

You should be able to control the size of the font and if it is
displayed or not with the TYP file. I think this are the keywords:
ExtendedLabels=Y
FontStyle=NoLabel (invisible)

But depending on your GPS device, this will be overwritten by
the firmware or the options the user did choose.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)