logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What is the idea behind --adjust-turn-headings?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Aug 6 14:11:23 BST 2015

Hi all,

I understand that this option should help to produce good
driving instructions. Anyhow, I wonder if the result is really better.

The two screenshots show the difference at this node:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/21725099

With --adjust-turn-heading I am told to turn left onto Orchideenstraße
when the road is nearly straight because Rosenweg bends right.
I'd prefer to see something like
"straight on onto Orchideenstraße" instead, but it seems that Garmin
doesn't produce this message, so I'd be happier without the additional
message, as it forces me to search for a possibility to turn left where I have
to move straight on.

Before I can fix the additinal problems introduced by the naming of service roads
I'd like to understand if this is the intended behaviour.