logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] question about ignored no_u_turn restriction

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Sat Aug 1 21:17:59 BST 2015

Hi Chris,

many Garmin devices do have an option "avoid u-turns / Ausschluss
> Kehrtwenden".
>
> So I guess this kind of turn restriction is for the Garmin routing
> algorithm a complete other thing as "normal" turn-restrictions.

I think the 'avoid u-turns' option tells the device to only do u-turns when
it's the only choice - effectively a 'no u-turn' restriction at every
intersection. I assume that the routing algorithm follows the actual turn
restrictions when the 'avoid u-turns' option is disabled. But as Gerd
pointed out, he's not sure if the no u-turn restriction in my example
actually has an effect so my assumption could be wrong.

Thanks, Ben