logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option to omit road refs from index:

From Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk on Thu Jul 30 23:15:49 BST 2015

Hi Gerd, the result is perfectly predictable - it omits all labels with
highway shields from the index. As you say, it does not remove items
produced by process-exit or -process-destination options (I do not use
either of those options). Just because you do not want to remove these roads
from your index does  not mean that others won't - I certainly do, and that
is the point of it being an option, rather than always working in a fixed
way. For my map, I want the address index to be exactly that - an index of
addresses. I do not know of any (UK) address that has a road number in it.

If you can suggest a way in which I can examine the value of a mkgmap
variable (e.g. mkgmap:noindex) at the time of creating the index, then I
will happily look at doing that instead.

Cheers,

Mike