logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option to omit road refs from index:

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jul 30 09:22:06 BST 2015

Hi Mike,

okay, I tried your patch now with the default style
and a tile containing data in my home area
in Lower Saxony:
63240008: 2453504,378880 to 2473984,407552
#       : 52.646484,8.129883 to 53.085938,8.745117

The index file size is smaller, that's good, but I don't see
a big change in the search results, I still see
entries like "A 1" or "A 28 Oldenburg" when I
just enter "A". I think they are produced by the --process-exit or
--process-destination options which create these
names without a highway shield.

So, the result is a bit unpredictable, and I don't
see a good reason to omit these roads from the
index. One may want to find the road using the
ref.

Gerd