logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] OT: Edge 705 firmware hacking

From Mayer Peter mappet at tmo.at on Tue Jul 28 10:36:05 BST 2015

Hello,

i saw your blog in the internet concerning edge 705. You wrote, that it is possible to make a firmware update via SD-card. Is this possible? If yes how should i do this? Just copy the GCD file on the SD card?
My edge shows a similar phenomenon, it can’t store any activity data on the USB mass storage but you can access its mass storage via PC / Mac. I would like to update the firmware again but did not succeed.
Did you solve your problem?

Thank you and regards
Peter