logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sea and Bounds files

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Mon Jul 13 17:58:57 BST 2015

Thanks for your reply, Maciej.

The bounds and coastline files are extracts from the OSM map file, so
changes in that may cause changes in them. If they come from a different
map file from that being compiled, there could be an impact on the
compiled file.

At http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/sea/ (and similarly ../bounds/)
there is a folder named 'latest'. Linking to this would avoid having to
periodically update the links on the mkgmap page. Why would a download
from the 'latest' folder be slower than from a dated one?

Regards,

Roger

On 13/07/2015 17:06, Maciej Moczulski wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> Thanks for update. I'm using dated versions of bounds and sea files as
> its faster to download them in compare to 'latest'. Do you think that
> it can have some impact on compilation?
>
> Best Regards,
> Maciej Moczulski
>
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Roger Calvert
> <roger at rogercalvert.me.uk <mailto:roger at rogercalvert.me.uk>> wrote:
>
>     I have noticed that the links to pre-compiled bounds and sea files
>     at http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap.html point to dated
>     versions rather than the 'latest' version. Is there any reason for
>     this?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Roger
>     --