logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] GUI for POI Search TYPES

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Sun Jun 7 12:15:08 BST 2015

Hi Paco

1)

It does not create an osm file but an mp file.
a) The program creates an img displaying ALL types and subtypes. The
default style only uses a small number of pois
It is meant to quickly test your device for any pois indexed or not and
under which Garmin category

ie

When loading it onto your device you can find out

a) which types numbers correspond to which Garmin category
b) which other pois fall into the same Garmin category
c) which new categories suddenlyt appear on your device !, ie Book
stores etc
d) which pois on your device are not indexed - Minko recently mentioned
0x2b05 for camp_site not being shown on some devices

  It helps you when you want to show say different icons for different
fuel operators AND make them searchable

2) Why there's a dependency on mkgmap r3612 ?

It will work with previous mkgmaps but not 100% - I'm not quite sure
what the issue was

HTH

Nick

On 07/06/2015 09:40, Paco Tyson [via GIS] wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I can't run this software and I'm wondering what it does exactly.
> I understand that it creates an OSM file of a grid of all POI types in
> a specified range. Then you can run mkgmap to generate a Garmin map
> from this source file.
>
> If that's true,
> 1) mkgmap.jar produces a map of all POIs in a grid pattern when called
> without any argument. How does POI-tester compares to that ?
> 2) Why there's a dependency on mkgmap r3612 ?
>

> Thanks,
> Paco

> NAML
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

---