logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Should we exclued bridges from housenumber processing?

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Sun Jun 7 00:30:27 BST 2015

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> Mario Batschke suggested in a private mail to use
> highway=* & bridge=yes {set mkgmap:numbers=false}
> in the finalize section for lines so that addresses are not
> assigned to bridges.
>
> I think this is a good idea.
>
> He also suggested to exclude tunnels, but I see quite a lot
> cases where this doesn't improve the address search, e.g.
> for shops in underground stations.

I don't see why an address shouldn't be valid just because it's on a
road that happens to be a bridge.  It would be good to get pointers to
the situations where people think this proposed rule makes sense, and we
can then see if we think there are tagging errors.