logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Wrong adresses for 3 french cities

From Paco Tyson paco.tyson at free.fr on Sat Jun 6 07:41:52 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,

What kind of special rule do you think of ?

This is how it should work : in France, we don't use admin_level=9 expect for 3 cities (Paris, Lyon, Marseille).
For an address in these 3 cities, the city name is still the one from admin_level=8 but the post code is from admin_level=9. We don't use admin_level=9 boundaries for anything else.

Having said that, the current default style is wrong as it gets the name from admin_level=9 instead of 8.

Paco