logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] process-exits and Oregon 600

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jun 4 08:30:06 BST 2015

Hi Micha,

it's hard to understand without seeing your complete style.
Maybe you can post a link to it?
If not, please describe in detail how to reproduce the problem
with the default style and give an example route
that shows what you get with and without the modification.

thanks,
Gerd

Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 09:20:23 +0200
From: micha.lohr at web.de
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] process-exits and Oregon 600

    Hi Gerd,

      my style did (in
      this order) assign hints
          to exits, and at the very end, assign generic
      names to all "leftover" unnamed roads. This
      produced exits in 3 segments named "GENERIC_NAME",
      "EXIT_HINT", "GENERIC_NAME" - so
      mkgmap worked
            just as expected. But:
      the Oregon now shows "GENERIC_NAME" during routing, not
      "EXIT_HINT". After removing the generic
        names from the 1st and the 3rd segment, everything workes fine.

      So I draw two conclusions from this:

      Either: mkgmap simly assigns the exit hints
        to all 3 segments (do we need 3 segments at all, then?), though
        I don't know
          what else might be influenced by this

      Or: documentation needs to be updated
        concerning the exit_hints

        Micha

    Am 04.06.2015 um 09:09 schrieb Gerd
      Petermann:

      Hi Micha,

        now I am no longer sure what you are talking about. You said
        that your

        problem was solved by removing the line

        highway=motorway_link & mkgmap:label:1!=* { set
        mkgmap:label:1 = 'Exit' }

        from your style. I tried to find out why this line

        causes trouble and found no reason as long

        as the line doesn't appear before the blocks for the hints

        which start at line 36 in the default style file lines of r3605:

        (highway=motorway_link | highway=trunk_link) &
        mkgmap:exit_hint=true & mkgmap:dest_hint=true

        I don't use the device for testing, I create a route in
        MapSource and check

        the list of "directions".

        Gerd