logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] improve handling of exits

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 20 05:46:37 BST 2015

Hi Dave,

the patch changes the rules in the default style so that exist on primary roads are taken
into account.
More important for your test case: It also changes the code so that
exists on motorway_links to other motorway_links are taken into account.
The old code only looked at exits on highway=motorway  and highway=trunk,
the new code checks these highway types:
"motorway", "trunk", "primary", "motorway_link", "trunk_link", "primary_link"

So, when you use the patched binary with your own style, the big change is that the
condition
(highway=motorway_link | highway=trunk_link) & mkgmap:exit_hint=true & mkgmap:dest_hint=true

is now true, and that's why echotags is executed.

You can double check by adding this rule to your lines file:
(mkgmap:exit_hint=* | mkgmap:dest_hint=*) { echotags "hint" }

Test this once with the patched binary and once with the normal one and you should
see the difference.

Gerd