logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] levels in style aren't processed correctly

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue May 19 23:45:45 BST 2015

Hi Steve,

 > I don't understand this.  If you have no --levels option then the
 > default should be used, which has a maximum of 4.

Looks like there is no defaults now, or maybe only level 0 gets a
default resolution.

 > What do you think that the message text should be?

Maybe something like "'level 1' is used in style while its resolution is
not defined in option 'levels=' nor "overview-levels=".

 > What are the conditions to cause this error?

My previous analysis was wrong. This is what I'm doing:
- I have modified default style changing some "resolution xx" to "level
0", "level 1" or "level 2".
- I have commented "levels=" and "overview-levels=" in "options" file.

Now I run compilation with following command line options:
1) --levels=0:22,1:21,2:20 --gmapsupp --no-tdbfile
2) --levels=0:22,1:21 --gmapsupp --no-tdbfile
3) --levels=0:22,1:21 --overview-levels=4:16 --gmapsupp --no-tdbfile

Compilation 1) goes correctly.
Compilation 2) ends with an error.
Compilation 3) creates a map.

Map for case 2) consist of only layer 0 and 1, so all references to
"level 2" in style could be ignored. I would expect successful
compilation at case 2).

Next observation is that case 3) shouldn't be different from case 2),
there is no definition for "level 2" either.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej