logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] FW: Routing parameters

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat May 16 11:04:48 BST 2015

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: daveswarthout at gmail.com
Subject: RE: [mkgmap-dev] Routing parameters
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 12:02:22 +0200

Hi Dave,

not sure what the problem is.
The subst filters are just used to remove some blanks or semicolons.
The rest is more or less "a list of alternative expressions separated with a vertical bar",
you can search for that term in the style manual:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/doc/pdf/style-manual.pdf

I've never tried these options because I use my GPS only for cycling,
but my understanding is that the types 0x08 and 0x09 are special
as they instruct the Garmin device to use the name of the road for the
destination hint, and these rules are used to fill this name with useful
information.

Does that help?

Gerd