logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] License and copyright text defects

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri May 15 21:08:02 BST 2015

On Fri, May 15, Paco Tyson wrote:

> This is the license and copyright text :

Your format is wrong. A newline defines a new license, not
a new line. GARMIN Software and devices will sort the different
licenses and remove duplicates before displaying them.

> Independently of the exposed results above, I have a few questions and remarks :
> - Despite providing a lower case copyright text, the result text is in upper case. Is it done by mkgmap ? Is it a Garmin format limitation ?

It's done by the Software/Device displaying this.

> - In the default license/copyright text, one can read "Program released under the GPL" and "PROGRAM LICENCED UNDER GPL V2". I assume it's the mkgmap license, instead I'd expect here the license of the produced Garmin map.

The default license cannot show the license of your map, the mkgmap
devlopers don't know them.

  Thorsten
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)