logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] EU map too big?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Wed May 13 21:31:39 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,
No, I can't create a gmapsupp because the whole Europe map is 11 Gb and the maximum size is 4Gb for one gmapsupp.
So I need to split my Europe map in several gmapsupp's but that's not a problem. Last year I could manage this with 3, but now I need at least 5.
However, I've also seen Mkgmap producing gmapsupp files >5 Gb which doesnt make any sense, because Garmin dont support this.

Problem is not the gmapsupp set, but the mapset for the pc / Basecamp.
I have set x-split-name-index and also added housenumbers from the French address database. I guess it would help to throw them out.
Last option is no big Europe map anymore or on without a search index... :-/