logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with highways as multipolygons

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sat May 9 14:06:59 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,

 > I agree that it looks strange,
 > but it works when you use apply like this:
 > type=multipolygon & highway=* { apply { set area=yes; } }

As I understand "apply" deals with relation's members, which aren't
highways at all. I have already tried "apply" but this is simply wrong
approach.

 > You may also ask for mkgmap:mp_created=true in the rules.

Does it mean that polyline is created form multipolygon and nothing
else? I get about 600 objects in Poland which I would delete using this
rule. All looks like good candidates for removal. And probably I should
use complimentary rule in "polygons" file, to get proper support for
these objects. Looks good for temporary solution.

 > I can't reproduce that the lines rules are applied,
 > with my test file that contains the complete relation
 > only the polygon rules are used. I assume your input
 > file contains only a part of the relation?

See attached file with single relation. I get highway=footway as
polyline. Here result of echotags:

relation with added "area=yes" in style:
4764899 - [highway=footway,area=yes,type=multipolygon]

highway in "lines"
4611686018427387910 (4764899) -
[highway=footway,mkgmap:mp_created=true,mkgmap:stylefilter=polyline]

Maybe you could create a new relation in
MultiPolygonRelation.processElements()? Relation could include all tags
form original relation and new polylines as members. This would allow
for some processing in style.

Note: default style deals with "highway=pedestrian & area=yes", but
ignore "area" tag for most other types of highway. I think at least
footway and stairs should be checked for "area".

--
Best regards,
Andrzej