logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fw: Help

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed May 6 10:23:07 BST 2015

Hi all,

I've now looked at the code in POIGeneratorHook.
Attached is a first attempt to solve the problem, the compiled binary
based on trunk version r3564 is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/264/mkgmap.jar

It implements the following:
When POIGeneratorHook creates a POI for a type=boundary relation
with boundary=administrative it searches for a role=admin_centre member
in that relation.
If one is found, the generated POI will use the coordinates of this member.

I see no easy way to compare the tags of the existing
node with those of the generated POI, so
as a second step, StyledConverter detects when a POI
with the same type and name (or empty name) is created at the
same Garmin coordinates (after style processing)
If that is true, the latter one is ignored and an info message is logged.

Maybe for certain types this should be changed to check for a radius
rather than equality, but that would require complex configuration.

I think this solves the problem reported by A.Carlos, maybe it also
helps Stephen Sgalowski.

Please let me know if there are other member roles like admin_centre
which could be treated alike, or if this patch causes problem.

If I hear no complains I will commit it on sunday.

Gerd