logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Request for feature: show wrong roundabouts

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon May 4 13:59:38 BST 2015

Hi,

from time to time I see this in the log files:

Attention: Tile contains both drive-on-left (1) and drive-on-right roads (15389)

The one "drive-on-left" road is clearly a bug in the OSM data.
But finding that is pretty hard (I found one once by accident ...).

I wanted to try to implement this myself, but I currently
don't see that I have the time to dig into the code myself,
that's why I write here my idea:

Could we add an option (--x-report-wrong-direction or something
similar), and if drive-on=left or drive-on=right is set,
write the roads with the wrong direction into the log file?
If drive-on= isn't set at all or to "detect", nothing
should be written.
So, additonal to increasing the counter, write the ID at that time
to the log, too.

  Thanks,
    Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)