logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fw: Help

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon May 4 08:01:07 BST 2015

Hi Thorsten,

good points. When the tags like population are different the style may produce
different POI (different type, same label), so my solution
would not help in all cases.
I also see the problem that we can
have duplicates which are really different, e.g. two small hamlets
with the same name (like Holzhausen which appears often in Germany).

So, maybe a less general approach:
Treat type=boundary relations special and detect the case
that a node member with role=admin_centre is present.
If that is the case, don't generate a POI.
I fear that will also cause trouble in some cases,
e.g. when the node with role=admin_centre doesn't have
the wanted tags :-(

Gerd