logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Options

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Sat Apr 25 18:28:57 BST 2015

Hi Gerd,

at the moment if you add the option add-pois-to-lines
the code will add all pois to all lines.
In many cases this does not matter,
because line tags are not used very often in points file,
but if they are used, you have to delete these added POIs
if you do not want them to be shown.

I have given some examples of what I am deleting,
but this would depend on your points file.

If it would be possible to say
--add-pois-to-lines=aerialway
and only aerialway pois are generated,
this would be super plus perfect,
but I’m also happy with the existing solution.

The only disadvantage of the existing solution is,
that you should not forget the delete the not used pois,
otherwise some lines would look really ugly.

Walter

From: Gerd Petermann
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:04 AM
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Options

Hi Walter,

I am using add-pois-to-lines to place overlay symbols on aerialways.

Since the option has no parameters, for which tag is shall be applied,
I am simply deleting all not needed POIs with some additional lines.

leisure=*     & mkgmap:line2poi=true {delete leisure}
natural=cliff    & mkgmap:line2poi=true {delete natural}
piste:type=*    & mkgmap:line2poi=true {delete piste:type}
waterway=*    & mkgmap:line2poi=true {delete waterway}

mkgmap:line2poitype=mid   &  aerialway=cable_car                        [0x1B0A resolution 22]

I see no good way to implement a filter on the tags.
If I got you right, you would like to specify something like
--add-pois-to-lines=tag1,tag2,tag3,...,tagn

and mkgmap should then create POI for all lines having
at least one of the tags, and those POI would not have any other than the listed
tags (besides the mkgmap:line2poi tag and those from the boundaries) ?