logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Options

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Fri Apr 24 17:25:49 BST 2015

Hi,

I am using add-pois-to-lines to place overlay symbols on aerialways.
Since the option has no parameters, for which tag is shall be applied,
I am simply deleting all not needed POIs with some additional lines.

leisure=*     & mkgmap:line2poi=true {delete leisure}
natural=cliff    & mkgmap:line2poi=true {delete natural}
piste:type=*    & mkgmap:line2poi=true {delete piste:type}
waterway=*    & mkgmap:line2poi=true {delete waterway}

mkgmap:line2poitype=mid   &  aerialway=cable_car                        [0x1B0A resolution 22]

Walter

From: Gerd Petermann
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 7:35 AM
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Options

Hi Gert,

yes, I think it must be useful, I also see it in Minkos styles at
http://www.openfietsmap.nl/

I don't fully understand the "better than nothing" part .
The current code adds a POI to each point, so each point has
a mkgmap:line2poitype=* tag with values start,end,mid, or inner
for the rest.

The option should be handled with great care, it is likely to
produce a large number of POI for highly detailed ways
created by some imports.
I already thought about an addtional parameter for the option,
something like --add-pois-to-lines=n where n gives a value in meter
for the minimum distance between two generated POI when the way
has more than 3 points.