logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in created maps?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Apr 20 06:20:26 BST 2015

Hi Helge,

if that area is not connected to any routable way the problem
is not the area itself. The Garmin routing algo is simply not able to
find a route between unconnected roads, and mkgmap has
no algo to detect that (up to now).

Gerd

Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 22:32:34 +0200
From: helge at helge.net
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Bug in created maps?

Hi
I have spent some time to try figure this out. I tried to read the debug logs as described in the link but they didn't give me anything useful.
But I have found what caused the problem for me. It was easy for me to reproduce it on maps.
If I set my GPS destination to something within a closed line with the tags highway=service and area=yes then the GPS have serious problems routing me there. (It will probably work with any highway tag but I have only tested with service.)
I guess I can solve this issue by changing the style and deleting all highway=*,area=yes but this can be a bug that affects other areas as well?

... Helge

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> , 2015-04-14 9:05:

Hi Helge,

sounds like a special case in the OSM data which was introduced in April (or end of March).
If you want to find out more, please check the log. Enable logging with a command like this:

java -ea -Dlog.config=logging.properties mkgmap.jar ...

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/dev#Enabling_Debugging
for more details
If you use your own style files, please try what happens with the default style.
If you can find a clue, please post a link to the input file(s) for mkgmap
and the options / script that you use and describe the route that doesn't
work (start/end point, routing preferences (car,bicycle, shorter/faster etc).

Gerd