logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and case significance of street name

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sat Apr 18 12:53:59 BST 2015

Hi Andrzej,

On Sat, Apr 18, Andrzej Popowski wrote:

> > If any element processed later has a name like "ABC street" or "abc
> > Street" which we consider as a street name, we will use "Abc Street"
> > again.
>
> I'm not sure what for are used names from this table. I don't think
> that case could be important for comparison of street names. But I
> would prefer to see street name on a map with the original spelling.

But what is the original spelling? And more important, what's the
right one?
name of highway?
name of route=street?
addr:street?

Yes, some people add addr:street to highways ...

During the last days I looked at the warnings from mkgmap in
regards to mismatch of street names, and I can only say, that
typos are everywhere.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)