logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] inc/address and --housenumbers

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Apr 16 14:57:34 BST 2015

Hi Gerd

> When you say city I understand it is an int that points to a table of
> cities,
> and this table also contains corresponding region and country info?

Yes, it is the index into LBL4, which is the section that is printed by
LblDisplay.
That contains a link to either a region or a country.  If a region, then
the corresponding region section links to the country.

> What about zip codes?
>
> Line 217 in NetDisplay shows this
> printAddrInfo(d, addrFlags >> 2, "zip", zipSize);
> but I don't see corresponding code in printAddrInfo().

Are you fully up to date? I implemented zip's earlier today, but
I managed to label them the wrong way round in the display.  I've
just committed a fix for that.

The zip integers are an index into LBL8 in the same way.

So, unusually, the polish format is not an close match to the format in
this case.  It has names for city,region,country which would mean that
we would have to look up and if necessary create a matching city.

..Steve