logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] change inc/address to be a standalone ?

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Apr 16 08:08:22 BST 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> my thinking was that inc/address does not set any
> tags which are not prefixed with mkgmap:
> I see that your inc/address is a bit different to that in the default style,
> but the only significant difference that I found is this rule:
> mkgmap:country=DEU | mkgmap:country=AUT | mkgmap:country=CHE {set style:lang=german}
>
> So, I see no problem as your inc/address also doesn't set name or place_name.
>
> What do I miss?

This were only examples, the result is used by me to set mkgmap:street
in some cases to prevent inc/address from setting it (workaround for some
bad tagging, where people add addr:street to a highway, e.g.).

So in this special case I could add:
highway=* & name=* & addr:street=* {delete addr:street}
to address, but I'm afraid that we loose a lot of flexible to
"fix" wrong data by rules. And I'm not sure if adding the workarounds
from points/lines/polygons to address is really always a good thing
or can work.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)