logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] inc/address and --housenumbers

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Apr 15 15:36:30 BST 2015

Hi Gerd

> I don't have to split a road because it is in different cities, I
> just have to pass the information to the routines which build the

At the very least you will have to insert a non-routing node at
the boundary if there is not one there already, so that the
city change can be recorded at it.

> If wonder if we should change the data structures for this.
> Current code has the class MapElement with
> these fields:
> private String zip,country,region,city,street,phone,houseNumber,isIn;

There seems to be some room for saving space as most elements
will not use all of those.
There could be a separate address structure perhaps consisting
of (city, region, country) which could even be shared.

But anyway it only roads that can have multiple city,region,country
combinations so it could probably be added to the RoadDef in
the same way as the Numbers are (and maybe even combined with them).

..Steve