logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] inc/address and --housenumbers

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Apr 15 10:03:16 BST 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, GerdP wrote:

> 2) A road may be the border or very close to the border of a city.
> Houses on the left side are in city A, houses on the other side are
> in city B. I think in this case we should add the road twice to the map
> so that address search works. The problem: With the default
> style most houses do not have the mkgmap:city tag because no
> map object is created for them.
> I think a quick and clear solution would be to add a tag
> mkgmap:execute_finalize_rules=1
> to each element with addr:housenumber to tell
> mkgmap that even if no map element is created the finalize
> rules should be executed.

My solution for my own style is quite simple here: I include
'inc/address' very early at the beginning of points/lines/polygons
style files.
Has also the advantage, that mkgmap:street is set to the original
street name, before we add suffixes or prefixes like '(B101)' or
something similar. And I can use mkgmap:country or something
similar in my style files.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)