logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug in created maps?

From Helge Olav Helgesen helge at helge.net on Mon Apr 13 22:10:02 BST 2015

Hi

Over the last few days I have experienced a problem that I have not seen before. My Garmin GPS have severe issues routing me to/from my home. Basically the GPS makes big jumps from something that I can’t see as anyting on OSM before it merges with an existing road.

Have a look at these images: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6DUitu

This started sometimes after April 2nd and happens for all maps I create. I have not changed anything to make the problem start but I have tried to upgrade mkgmap to the latest version to see if that solved the issue.

I have verified this issue on two Garmin GPS’es; Nüvi 3597 and GPSMAP60CSx. This problem is often near my home (https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3124665591) but if I drive around other parts of the city it seems to work fine.

I am not sure if this is an issue with mkgmap or if it is an issue with the underlaying data - but I can’t figure out where to look for any solution.

Can anyone please advice me?

… Helge