logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 9 07:25:08 BST 2015

Hi Andrzej,

>  > It doesn't require much code to generate the pseudo roads,
>  > so maybe it is something for a special option.
>
> Would be nice, if you preserve this code. Maybe even for all addresses,
> not only for addr:place? But actually I can extract addresses form OSM
> sources, parse them, convert to roads and get the same result. Either
> way, I'm glad, that we have found what works and what has to be avoided.

Okay. Let's first sort out how to fill the address info.

>  > Although the wiki says that either addr:place or addr:street should
>  > be used I see many nodes with both.
>
> IMHO use addr:street and ignore addr:place. Most probably addr:place is
> incorrectly set instead of addr:city, which you get from other data anyway.

OK, I'll do some statistics to find some good rules.

My idea is to collect the numbers with equal addr:place tag.
If there are not too many duplicates in different positions I assume
that the place name should be used for the address and
addr:street should only be used to identify the right road.
That's what I am now trying to code.