logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:place support

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Apr 7 16:00:19 BST 2015

Hi Thorsten,

 > I don't know about Mapsource, but this is how the Garmin GPSMap 62s
 > behaves. It is looking for the nearest "road", whatever this is, and
 > tries to route from that. If this "nearest road" is not connected,
 > you will get a routing error.

I know about this. There is some distance range form current position,
where should be a routable road to begin a routing. Maybe the same
distance limit is in effect for point addressing, but it doesn't explain
total failure of Gerd's new function in Mapsource. I can only repeat,
Mapsource doesn't behave that way, see the picture, that I have attached
some mails ago. This is exactly the same case, a road created between 2
address points on short non-routable artificial roads. The only
difference is that map is created with cgpsmapper.

Maybe new code still creates routable ways for address points? It could
lead to straight routes, if road network is discontinuous.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej