logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and mixed index

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Apr 3 16:05:08 BST 2015

Hi all,

> > Unnamed service roads leading to many houses with addr:street tag.
> > I wonder if mkgmap could give them the name of the road
> > so that address search finds them in the service road while road search
> > would only show the original list. That's why I used "mixed index"
> > in the subject.
>
> I like that part. If there is an unnamed road starting at a named
> road and ending nowhere, it would be good if mkgmap used that road.
> That would help a lot for better routing in case of an address search.

I've just implement a first working version with r3518 in the branch.
See http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/websvn/revision.php?repname=mkgmap&rev=3518
for details regarding the new option --x-name-service-roads.

Please try it and let me know how it works for you. If possible I'd like
to change the option so that it is done by default and may be switched off.

I got stuck searching for better data structures, so I will now continue to
implement the addr:place support.