logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to check style files vs. typfile

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Apr 2 07:00:24 BST 2015

Hi Gert,

I think GPSMapEdit may help for this (File -> Map Properties -> select tab Statistics),
but it doesn't load TYP files.

AFAIK mkgmap doesn't write any stats regarding the number of written types,
but it seems easy to do something like the style statistics.
I guess you think about something like a table showing 4 columns

Point/Line/Shape    Type/Subtype       Count     Desc from TYP
point               0x2806             8         place of worship
point               0x2807             0         Megalithic monument
line                0x00               1211      cycling route
line                0x2F               4         ?

where a count of 0 means the  type is defined in the TYP file but was not written
and a question mark in Desc means the type is not defined in the TYP file.

I have no idea how much work it would be to write such a table, because
I don't know the mkgmap data structures for the typ file.
It should be easy enough when the typ compiler has the needed infos.

Gerd