logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:interpolation ways not along road

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 24 08:07:00 GMT 2015

Hi Thorsten,

I agree that the data doesn't look that bad.
My problem is this:
1) We have to interpret the info in addr:interpolation ways because
it helps to find the right intervals in many cases,
for example it normally gives a clear hint to which part of a road
a pair of houses belongs when muultiple roads form a # shape.
See http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/427691367
which is closer to a different road.
2) On the other hand, a lot of the addr:interpolation
ways in Canada are wrong, e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/75809612
crosses the road.
If mkgmap only ignores this wrong addr:interpolation
way it will still use the obviously wrong odd house number
3367 for the road side that has even numbers.
So, mkgmap should also ignore that number.
As it is sometimes difficult to decide which of the two numbers is
wrong, I decided that it is okay to ignore both.

I guess I have to find more detailed rules :-(

Gerd