logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search and road names with refs

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 22 06:29:07 GMT 2015

Hi Andrzej, hi Steve,

>  > I don't want to see the ref when I am searching for an address.
>  > If possible, I want to see it and be able to search for it
>  > when searching for a road.
>
> When creating search index, shield could be separated from street name
> and both elements added to search index independently.

Current status is this:
For routable ways we have a method getName() which returns the value
from tag mkgmap:label:1 , see MapRoad. java and MapElement.java.

For the --housenumber option we use the value in tag mkgmap:street
in preference to that in addr:street, if both are not set, the road is ignored.

The default style has this rule in lines:
highway=* & name=* { set mkgmap:street='${name}' }

to set mkgmap:street to the value of tag name before any of the
rules that add highway shields to the name like this one:
highway=secondary | highway=tertiary {name '${ref|highway-symbol:oval} ${name}' | '${ref|highway-symbol:oval}' | '${name}'; addlabel '${name} (${ref})' }

I don't know if we should try to use the mkgmap:street value for the index(es),
or if we should try to change the rules so that they set mkgmap:label2 - 4 instead of
concatenating the values in mkgmap:label:1 ?

I am still busy the housenumber code, so I would be happy to
hear that anybody is trying to code a patch for this problem.